Puppy Adoption and Purchase Contract with Maximus Bernese Mountain Dogs
Purchase price:$2550.00 Limited AKC Registration HAZEL (& GRÜT) Litter C
Sex: _______ AKC Litter Registration # WS698971
Name: Puppy chosen _________________________________
Microchip #: ____________________________________https://www.foundanimals.org/microchip-registry/
Color: Black/White/Tan --TriColor Date of Birth: 09/04/2020
Sire: GRÜTUS MAXIMUS AKC# WS59614302
Dam: HAZEL GRACE MAXIMUS AKC# WS6166702
Spay/Neuter: Bernese Mountain Dogs are not fully grown until the age of 2 years, therefore early Spay/Neuter can be detrimental to their health. Hormones are very important for the growth, health, and longevity of the dog. Spay/Neuter can shorten the life span 2 years or more, can cause arthritus, painful joints, and additional health problems. Early Spay/Neuter is considered a Breach of Contract and will nullify any Health Guarantee associated with this puppy. In addition, a $1000 fine paid to Maximus Bernese may be imposed for early Spay/Neuter. Please understand how important it is to allow the dog to delvelope to adulthood, it is your responsibility to allow this beautiful new family member their best and healthiest life. By signing this document, you are in agreement that this puppy will remain intact, you will not Spay/Neuter until he/she reaches 2 years of age. Initial _____ Initial ____ Date _____
Health Information: Puppies have been bred by a AKC Breeder of Good Standing, with grandparents tested for the relevant BMD health issues and have been cleared by direct DM testing, eyes (OFA) and hips/elbows (x-rays) are cleared. The results are listed in the OFA database at www.OFA.org under the registered name and AKC number. The parents are up to date on vet visits, shots, x-rays completed 2020. Puppies have been vet cleared - Vet documents to be provided at adoption along with 1st vaccination info and schedule of 2nd and 3rd vaccination. 1st vaccination and 2nd vaccinations administered by vet or myself. If it is not possible for me to complete the 3rd vaccination, Purchaser is required to complete the 3rd vaccination on appropriate date to protect puppy from DHPP (Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvovirus, Parainfluenza). Leptospirosis is an additional recommended vaccination for an older puppy. Rabies vaccination should not be administered until the puppy is 12 months old. A complete schedule of vaccinations to be provided on adoption date. See https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/health/puppy-shots-complete-guide/
Socialization: This puppy has been raised using socialization techniques in www.puppyculture.com and owner is encouraged to learn about these important socialization techniques. This next link will take you to an article that explains the experience from puppy to adulthood, please review. http://bmdinfo.org/bernerpedia/articles/Bernese_9_months_old-Teenagers_Solutions.php
AKC Documentation Provided: AKC Litter Certificate and the AKC purebred registration application with appropriate applicant number.
Adoption Day: Puppies will go to their new homes at approx 10 weeks of age (no sooner than 9 weeks). The longer puppy is with mom and the litter mates, the better it is for the pups health and socialization. Please bring a puppy blanket and toy to rub on momma dog for a comforting scent. We also plan to provide something the puppy is familiar with, the item may be a blanket, towel, or toy. Side Note: I have found that boots are very comforting for puppies. To the puppies, snuggling with boots feels like snuggling with litter mates.
Visitation: We love to stay in contact with our puppy families and continue future visits. We hope our first visit will be within the first month post adoption.
Payment: Full payment to be received one week prior to puppy pickup, unless full payment of cash is provided at pick up.
Congratulations on your New Family Friend! Please, don’t hesitate to call/email with any questions or concerns, we are here for you!
Gina Johnson --Maximus Bernese Mountain Dogs
- P.o. Box #104 Southworth, WA 98386
Terms of Sale:
- Seller provides health guarantee that the puppy is in good health at time of sale, puppy has been wormed and given initial puppy vaccinations. A health record will be provided to the Purchaser at time of sale. Any health issues will be declared at the time of sale. Seller guarantees puppy to be free from health issues at the time of sale.
- Purchaser shall maintain the purchased dog in accordance to society accepted standards of humane care. In addition, purchaser agrees that said dog is to be an indoor dog with an outdoor fenced area with proper shade and water for day play. Purchaser agrees to keep this dog in their personal possession, and to provide proper and sufficient food, water, shelter, grooming, and humane treatment at all times.
- Purchaser agrees to procure veterinary care at once if this dog becomes sick or injured, and to keep current all vaccinations as recommended by https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/health/puppy-shots-complete-guide/
- Puppy has been microchipped. Purchaser agrees to keep Gina Johnson/Maximus Bernese as the secondary contact person on the microchip. https://www.foundanimals.org/microchip-registry/
- Purchaser agrees that should they be unable to keep said dog at any time during the dog’s lifetime for any reason, the dog will be returned to Gina Johnson/Maximus Bernese. Under no circumstance should the dog be placed in a shelter or given or sold to 3rd party.
- Purchaser shall not sell the dog to commercial dog wholesalers, research labs, or pet shops. The purchaser further agrees not to donate the dog to an animal control agency, animal rescue group, Humane Society or similar shelter.
- Purchaser agrees to keep this dog as their household pet and companion. Purchaser agrees to exercise the dog on leash or within a fenced area, and never let this dog run loose without adequate adult supervision. To never chain or tie this dog without being in attendance.
- Purchaser assumes full responsibility and liability for this dog’s actions, including any damage done by this dog.
- The adopted puppy must NOT be neutered/spayed until approx. 2 years of age, absolutely no earlier than 17 months of age. See above for health explanation. Maximus Bernese will have the right to reclaim the dog if neutered/spayed earlier than 17 months, the dog must now go on a strict hormone replacement regimine.
- If puppy is adopted/purchased with Limited AKC, Purchaser will not breed the dog. If an accidental or intentional breeding occurs, Purchaser will contact Gina Johnson/Maximus Bernese and will pay Breeding price to Gina Johnson/Maximus Bernese. Puppies bred without full AKC Registration prior to breeding will not receive full Breeding Right AKC documentation for said litter.
- Upgrading from Limited to Full Breeding Rights must be discussed at time of contract and purchase date. Final payment equaling total price of $3800.00 must be paid to Gina Johnson/Maximus Bernese before the puppy reaches one year of age.
- AKC documentation for adopted puppy shall name Maximus Bernese as the Breeder. Example: Maximums Bernese "New Name" to be entered on the AKC form.
Purchaser(s): _____________________________________ & _______________________________________ Date: __________
Seller: _________________________________________ Date: __________